Saturday, January 4, 2014

Third blog




We rode elephants yesterday and it was so amazing.  The whole group went, I feel like we are really bonding together well.  For only a few of us knowing one another there hasn’t been a moment where I’ve felt like an outcast.  One of my most favorite memories has been how well we have bonded.  When I was riding the elephants a rush of Wisconsin (or Minnesota) summer came back to me.  There was no humidity and the air was light and clean like we get to enjoy during the summers.  It really made me feel like I was at home and back during a summer month canoeing down the river. 

Riding the elephants was so peaceful and really calmed my mind.  They took us through the water and the way they were so strong and steady inspired me to just take that type of mindset and apply it to my life.  They just relied on their trainer and their senses of sound, smell, and touch to take them through the jungle and water.  It made me think that I shouldn’t worry about the things that I can’t control or haven’t been given a gift of, but to control the things I have been given. 




No comments:

Post a Comment