Wednesday, January 8, 2014

post #4- Chiang Mai

Leaving Chiang Mai yesterday was bittersweet.  Before coming on this trip I didn't know very much about the city, so I didn't know what to expect. But after spending a week there,  I fell in love.  I love how nice and helpful everyone I met was. The traffic might make Chiang Mai seem busy and rushed,  but everyone is so laid back.  I appreciated their patience with me, when I would try and speak thai with them.

On all the visits we went on while in Chiang Mai, we were given some sort of gift.  Back home you'd maybe get a cheap pen, but we were given homemade key chains and notebooks. Every time I was given a gift I felt like I needed to do something more for them. Their collectivist culture really makes them more caring and willing to go for that extra step of kindness.

I've had the time of my life so far on this trip and I can say Chiang Mai will always have a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment