Friday, January 3, 2014

New Years in Thailand: blog 2

My 2014 New Years in Thailand was my second out of the states but by far the most memorable of my life to date.  There is a sense of renewal in the air.  One that cannot be fully grasped by words.  But since I feel I should try, the best way I can describe it is a sense that nothing in your past matters as long as you make the best of yourself and your world in the coming year.  Letting a lantern go into the starry night sky, as is Thai tradition, although it sounds silly, was one of the most freeing moments of my life.  It is as if you are watching a year of your life drift casually into your memory while simultaneously reminding you to live forever in the moment.  The wave of excitement and renewal within the group and the city of Chiang Mai was undeniable as we walked into the night market, wide eyed and ready for wherever the night took us.

No comments:

Post a Comment