Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Barriers and New Friends

Chiang Rai Rajabhat University (CRRU)


It was a fun and an interesting experience to hang out with students our age. Although we didn't get to see how their campus life was, it seemed like the students enjoyed being at school. From a previous lecture, it seemed like getting into a university in Thailand is harder than in the US because it's so competitive. I don't know if that's the case or not. Anyways, being around students who were going through a similar experience like us was fun. I was able to forget about being a student and enjoy my time with new people and friends. 


The hardest thing about this whole experience was the language barrier. A lot of the Thai students had limited English so we had to find other ways to communicate with them. It was definitely a challenge but I was able to get through this by using my resources (an app on my phone), hand motions, and looking up words. 

Visiting the black house and white temple was unique. The architect of both places were very different from one another and other places in the city. What surprised me the most at the black house was that there were two snakes out in the open with no cage. I have to admit, it scared me a bit but I was able to touch them and get a picture with them. The white temple was just so pretty. I loved everything about it. It was so different and so pretty. 



No comments:

Post a Comment