Saturday, January 11, 2014

home stay post #5

The home stay was one of my favorite things we did on this trip.  It really made me appreciate all the things I have back home.  Even though it was hard to communicate with our home stay mother it was still a really cool experience. I enjoyed going on the tour through the rain forest and learning how they use all their natural resources to make coffee and tea.  I never knew how coffee was made, so that was really interesting.

Getting to listen to the leader of the village was very cool also.  It's inspiring how much he loves and cares about his village.  The fact that they are making moves to make their village totally eco-friendly is awesome. It was cool to see that they are working hard to keep their culture, but also are aware that times are changing.  It will be interesting so see where they are in the next five years.

Another one of my favorite parts was getting to interact with the babies and the little girl that lived in our home.  We were able to give her gifts and she was so grateful. The respect a five year old shows told her Elders is nothing like I've seen back home.

I'm so thankful for the opportunity to have gotten to spend the night and day with that family.  I only wish we could have communicated better.


No comments:

Post a Comment