Thursday, January 9, 2014

My Home Stay

The home stay was the most memorable activity in this trip for me personally. It helped me put the world into perspective and prioritize what is important in life. The family we stayed with were very simple and happy they didn't have electronics and a lot of the material things we have back home but yet they were happier than a lot of the people back home. It helped me understand that happiness is not gotten from materials but from relationships and that community was truly one community that was unified in all aspects, they employed one another, they circulated the wealth within the community and most importantly they looked out for one another. One of the things that stood out to me was that the daughter of the leader left for college but she came back to help her father in the village, it reemphasized the unity of the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment